Our latest Pureplay Retailer Report focuses on eBay, one of the early pioneers of ecommerce and the second-biggest ecommerce retailer in the US. eBay operates one of the most diverse and wide-reaching platforms in the world.
The report provides comprehensive insight that will be valuable to all CPG suppliers, especially those operating in ecommerce and third party sales. The report provides the latest picture on eBay’s performance, future forecasts, its competitive position and the changes it has been making to improve its brand image via enhanced assortment and new shoppability features, among others.
A STEIP assessment identifies the primary drivers of changes as they impact eBay, leading into examples of eBay’s latest activities and how each is supporting one of the Winning Strategies as identified by PlanetRetail RNG. Supplier examples of initiatives with eBay are also highlighted across CPG categories such as food and beverage, health and beauty, consumer electronics, household and pet.
Table of Contents:
1. Mission and Metrics
- Overview and Forecasts
- Competitive Dynamics
2. STEIP Drivers of Change
3. Winning Strategies – Overview and Latest Initiatives
- Ecommerce and Digital Ecosystem Management
- Shopper Engagement and Retention
- Supply Chain and Fulfilment
- Store of the Future
4. Winning with eBay
- Recommendations by Winning Strategy
- Recommendations for CPG Sectors
Reasons to Download:
- Understand how eBay is developing for the future with a review of eBay’s latest developments within Ecommerce & Digital Ecosystem Management, Shopper Engagement & Retention, Supply Chain & Fulfilment, and Store of the Future;
- Read our interpretation on why these developments should matter to suppliers and the potential action to take;
- Learn about how eBay is repositioning its platform for future growth;
- Learn about the major drivers of change and how these will influence eBay in the future;
- Access the latest forecasts from PlanetRetail RNG’s global database.