Retailers' Strategic Initiatives, Q3 2018
Our Retailers' Strategic Initiatives update is essential reading for anyone in the FMCG community. Using the STEIP framework, this new report captures the latest strategic initiatives from the world’s largest grocery-led operators that PlanetRetail RNG believes will have the biggest impact on the future of retail.
The report outlines initiatives across our 4 key winning strategies – Store of the Future, Ecommerce & Digital System Management, Supply Chain & Fulfilment, and Engagement & Retention. Each initiative is supported with clear implications and actions – helping suppliers and retailers understand how best to respond to these strategic shifts.
Table of contents
Initiatives from Q3 2018
Store of the Future
- Alibaba raises target for new Hema openings
- Amazon opens three new Amazon Go locations
- Tesco unveils new discount banner, Jack’s
Ecommerce & Digital Ecosystem Management
- Carrefour signs deal with Google to drive its omnichannel strategy
- Kroger expands online grocery through new Ship service
Supply Chain & Fulfilment
- Alibaba pledges funding for its Ele.me on-demand food delivery service
- Walmart automates in-store pickup with robotics
- Aldi US expands delivery nationwide and trials curbside pickup
Engagement & Retention
- Coles trials loyalty programme, flybuy max
- Carrefour sets ambitious food sustainability goals in its ‘Act for Food’ programme
Corporate Mergers, Acquisitions & Alliances
- Amazon ramps up health offering through PillPack acquisition
Recommendations by sector
Reasons to download
- Gain an in-depth understanding of retailer initiatives that will have the biggest impact on the future of retail.
- Understand how best to respond to these initiatives with a clear set of implications and actions.
- See first-hand how other manufacturers and retailers have responded to these initiatives with case studies.
1 document(s) available for download.
, Alibaba Group
, Amazon Go
, Digital & Physical Integration
, East Asia
, Flexible Fulfillment
, In-Store Technology
, Logistics/ Supply Chain
, Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestitures
, North America
, Private Label
, Remodel/ New Format
, Store & Network Renewal
, Store Expansion
, United Kingdom
, USA & Puerto Rico
, Western Europe